A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow these websites to, among other things, store and retrieve information about your browsing habits or about your computer and, depending on the information they contain and on how you use your computer, they may be used to identify you.
Cookies are essential to how the Internet works and provide countless advantages to the provision of interactive services by enhancing the browsing and usability of our website.
The information provided below will help you understand the different types of cookies:
Types of cookies
- Based on the entity processing them
- Own cookies: Those collected by the website owner to provide the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: Those collected and managed by a third party.
- Based on how long they remain active
- Session cookies: Collect data for as long as the user is browsing the website for the purpose of providing the service requested.
- Persistent cookies: Stored on the terminal and the information obtained will be used by the cookie processor for the purpose of providing the service requested.
- Based on purpose
- Technical cookies Required in order to properly browse the website.
- Personalization cookies: Allow the user to apply settings (language) to browse the website.
- Analytics cookies: Allow the provider to analyse the user’s browsing habits in order to track how the website is used and to gather statistics on the most visited content, the number of visitors, etc.
- Advertising cookies: Allow the website owner to include advertising on the website based on the website’s content.
- Behavioural advertising cookies Allow the webmaster to include advertising spaces on the website based on information obtained from the user’s browsing habits.
Pursuant to Article 22.2 of Law 34/2002 of 11 July on the Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSI-CE), COMPEGPS TEAM S.L. provides the following information on the cookies used on our website:
- Technical cookies
- Own cookies
- Session cookies
- Persistent cookies
- Analytics cookies
- Third-party cookies
Where can I find more information on cookies, how to manage them and, if need be, delete them?
Keep in mind that if you disable cookies, you may have problems accessing and browsing the website and signing up for our services.
For more information on how cookies work, and on how to delete them, please see the following links: www.aboutcookies.org and www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, see the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout